Thursday, February 28, 2008

Is Cheese Cake a Cake or a Pie?


Ummm... This seems to be a very interesting question...yet especially difficult to answer. Well, in my opinion, it's kind of both, but I can't really be sure, and you can't be sure of it unless I am sure of what I am saying.

It somehow started in Social Studies, when a PERSON started to ask the people around that PERSON if cheese cakes are cakes or pies. Since everyone just totally adore pies, so everyone answered pies. "No! It's not a pie, it's a cake." the PERSON reasoned, obvisouly anguished by the silly answers that simply just does not agree with that PERSON's nature, "Why would it be a pie if people call it cheese CAKES?" To me, it seemed to be a very good reason or you can say in the scientific way: that PERSON observed carefully and made a reasonable inference. But sadly, no one, yes, NO ONE, listened, because of the simple reason: CHEESECAKE IS A PIE, NOT A CAKE.

Somehow, I got very interested in this strange, bizzare, weird, freaky topic, so I did some research on "cheese cakes". Of course, Google is always the first place to go!! =D *waiting for the page to show up. I typed in the words: "is cheesecake a pie or cake?" And this is what I got from one of the websites:
"Cheesecake is cheesecake but it is in the pie family- something with a crust and then filled. Pies and tarts are in that category. Cake doesnt' have a crust unless it's a wrapping done after it is baked or formed. "
In another website, it mentioned something about in Spanish, it's called "pay de queso" which means Cheese pie.

All this talking about pies are making me hungry, but I've come to one conclusion: Cheese cakes are cakes, but only a little percentage of it. They are considered in the category of pies. Also, they are close relatives of custards such as buttermilk pie, creme brulee, etc.

*drum roll* (>.<;) So CHEESE CAKES = PIES
And that PERSON who think cheese cakes should be cakes is WRONG. HAHA!!! "LOSER" XD

1 comment:

sharon said...

OMG I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SITE. IT IS LIKE AWESOME, EVEN MORE AWESOMER THAN PIE!! :D
People should pay you money for writing this kinda stuff..
Someone else, of course. I'm broke. ^^